What is Mental Health Champion?
MHFA Champions have an understanding of common mental health issues, knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness, ability to spot signs of mental ill health and skills to support positive wellbeing.
This course covers the following:
- About mental health, MHFA and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety Disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Action 1: Approach the person, assess and assist with any crisis
- Action 2: Listen and communicate non-judgmentally
- Action 3: Give support and information
- Action 4: Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Action 5: Encourage other supports recovery
- Building a mentally healthy workplace and action planning for using MHFA