SPA provides a nationally recognised standard of Health and Safety assurance for Contractors, Agency Staff and Employees. They have developed sector specific training programmes, known as passports, d in conjunction with employers, employer associations, trade unions and national trading organisations, which are widely adopted across the UK.
The passport programmes consist of 2 elements:
- a core day and,
- a sector specific day
The Core Day
- To provide basic information and areas of responsibility for Health and Safety and the Environment.
- To understand the implications of hazard recognition/risk assessment and effects on individuals and the employer.
Delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate how individual behaviour can help reduce accidents
- Demonstrate their understanding of the subjects by successfully completing each module assessment paper
- Appreciate how they personally can influence good standards within Health and Safety and the Environment
- Understand the value of risk assessment and have the knowledge to recognise when change to a generic assessment is required
- Understand the common hazards associated with work