To provide the delegate with the theoretical and practical skills to undertake licensable work. Per- sons requiring this type of training would be working for an asbestos licence holder as defined in CAR 2012 (regulation 8), or undertaking ancillary works under the supervision of a licensed asbes- tos removal contractor.
Types of Training
Delegates with different roles should not participate in the same course. Training shall be based on the role of the employee. In addition, training shall depend on the experience of the employee. It is divided into two categories:
initial training. refresher training.
On successful completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Be familiar with what tasks are classified as licensable work;
- Be familiar with the control measures that will be required to undertake licensable work with asbestos containing materials;
- How to undertake specific tasks as required, including, but not limited to;
- Enclosure, airlock and baglock construction.
- Maintain RPE and understand the correct use of PPE and RPE.
- Use of control measures, specifically injection and vacuum methods.
- Fully understand the site set up and layout of a licensed asbestos removal site. Fully decontaminate from a working area.
- Understand the requirements to prevent the spread of asbestos and control exposure when un- dertaking licensable work with asbestos containing materials.
- How to deal with the waste generated from licensable work with asbestos containing materials.